5 Modern Details to Update Your Traditional Living Room
The New Year is here and as soon as the holiday decorations are stored, it’s time to revive the living room space. New Year, new beginnings; your home is ready for an update just like you! Fortunately, you can get a fresh look for your living room without major changes or breaking the bank. Here are 5 cool modern accents you can use to update your living room this weekend.
1. Hyperrealism Art – This art form mimics traditional realistic photography or art, but is designed to evoke an emotion rather than just recreate the scene. Emotional pieces of any kind provide a unique focus to the room. Always color adds to the room for more warmth and depth of field on the walls.
2. Modern Accent Chair – An accent piece of furniture, such as a chair or table, can immediately add depth to the room. It can be a unique shape or texture; anything that breaks with the overall style of the room. Add decorative pillows too.
3. Modern Art Décor – Pillows and vases are a simple way to update a room. Consider adding a low sleek vase for a single rose or perhaps a knot-shaped pillow on the floor by the fireplace. I LOVE fresh flowers when having showings or open houses.
4. Curves – Soft curved lines are gaining popularity. Gone are the sleek, harsh lines of the past few years. Add a simple round mirror to a corner wall to not only add softness, but a mirror expands the area and reflects light, brightening the room.
5. Extra-Large Lighting – Design magazines are featuring giant, oversized paper lanterns. These can be colorful and boho or soft colored and subtle, but a fun and inexpensive way to add a quick update to a traditional living area. Whatever you decide, there are endless ways to create a more eclectic living room while giving your home a boost this season.