Navarre Beach Marine Science Station and Reef System
The mission of the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station is to promote
the appreciation, conservation, and understanding of the marine ecosystem
of coastal Florida through education and service.
I remember when they began this project. Its a great resource for our community.
This is from the website. Click the link above to go their website.
From the website:
In late 2008, marine science students held a town hall meeting and led several presentations for the Santa Rosa County Board of Commissioners and the SRC School Board about converting an empty, unoccupied ranger station into an environmental center. After overwhelming positive response from the community, students succeeded in obtaining the site in March 2009. Over 2,000 community service hours later the students, under faculty supervision had created what is now the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station. Since its official opening in August 2009, the Station has been host to well over 4,000 students and community members for programs concerning the local marine environments. The programs provide hands-on, feet-wet curriculum that educates and challenges participants from ages 3-33+ on how to be stewards of our marine environment. New programs have expanded to now include two high schools of duel-enrolled students (through Pensacola State College and Santa Rosa County Schools), field experiences for K-8 school children, Saturday programs for K-8 students, over-night programs for 3-8th graders, public open houses for visitors to Navarre Beach, summer camps, and programs geared for both pre-K students and their family and for students with special needs. All of the programs are designed to leave participants with a new found understanding and respect for their nearby marine ecosystems, as well a desire to protect and conserve the delicate habitats of Florida.
Navarre Beach Marine Science Station and Reef System Properties
- For Sale on Navarre Beach
- Navarre Beach Marine Science Station and Reef System
- Sound Haven Townhomes
- The Highlands of Milton Florida
- Burnt Pine Golf Course
- Condos, Homes and Lots for Sale on Navarre Beach
- Foreclosure Homes in Navarre Florida
- Foreclosures in Gulf Breeze Fl
- Gulf Front Destin Florida
- Holley by the Sea
- Homes and Condos for Sale on Pensacola Beach and Navarre Bea
- Homes for Sale Destin Florida
- Homes for Sale in Hidden Creek Golf Course
- Homes for Sale In Gulf Breeze Florida
- Homes For Sale In Holley by the Sea
- Homes for Sale in Milton Florida
- Homes for Sale in Milton Florida $50K-$150K
- Homes for Sale in Navarre Fl
- Homes For Sale In Palmetto Lake Preserve
- Homes for Sale In Pensacola Florida 32504
- Homes for Sale in Tiger Point Area
- Homes for Sale on Navarre Beach
- Homes for Sale with Pools in Gulf Breeze Fl
- Homes in Navarre with a Swimming Pool
- Lots for Sale in Navarre Fl
- Luxury Homes for Sale in Hidden Creek Golf Course
- Military Cash Back Rewards
- Multi Family Homes for Sale in Gulf Breeze Fl
- Multi Family Homes for Sale in Navarre Fl
- Navarre Beach
- Palmetto Lake Preserve
- Parkers Landing Navarre Florida
- Pensacola Beach condos for sale
- Portafino Condos for sale on Pensacola Beach
- RealVitalzie Program
- Savannah Plantation
- Schools in Navarre Florida
- Things To Do In Navarre Florida
- Waterfront Homes for Sale in Navarre Florida Area
- What's my home worth in Navarre Florida?
- Why Destin Florida is so beautiful?
Copyright© 2020 by the Multiple Listing Service of the Pensacola Association of REALTORS®. This information is believed to be accurate but is not guaranteed. Subject to verification by all parties. This data is copyrighted and may not be transmitted, retransmitted, copied, framed, repurposed, or altered in any way for any other site, individual and/or purpose without the express written permission of the Multiple Listing Service of the Pensacola Association of REALTORS®. Florida recognizes single and transaction agency relationships. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed. Any use of search facilities of data on this site, other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited.